Friday 4 October 2013

Just Made It!


 
I suspect that there are quite a number of you out there who thought that the Christening Robe I have been working on recently was just not going to get finished – in truth, I did feel a bit that way myself at times.   
 
 
But...wait for the drum roll!!  Yup it’s finished!  I am rather pleased with it, I must admit although I know fine well that it would not win any prize in a competition.  However, I wasn’t trying to win a rosette but to create a family Christening Robe and this I’ve done.  I did have some rather grand plans for more embroidery on the skirt, but I simply ran out of time.  Nevertheless, considering I have never done any smocking before, I am quietly chuffed with this effort.  I’m sure little Billy will look gorgeous in it on Sunday morning.

We are hugely grateful to Mr & Mrs Vaclik – aka Paul and Rachel,  fresh back from their honeymoon in India -  who are house and alpaca sitting for us this weekend whilst we are down in Gloucestershire.  We couldn’t manage without them.
 

So in between the showers this afternoon, we just found time to catch up on a few husbandry tasks with a very dirty herd of alpacas.  It’s really easy to get them looking so rough – take one wet alpaca and one barn with an earth floor and this is what you get – simple really!  We’ll obviously have to keep them elsewhere later on next week in an attempt to clean them up before the Yorkshire Show.

Despite their rather grimy appearance, they still look lovely – or am I ever so slightly biased??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment