Thursday 10 October 2013

Absolutely Fabulous!


When you go away and have an absolutely amazing weekend it takes a few days to come back down to earth.  Well we did just that with a bang this morning.  It was only 6 degrees here at 10 a.m. – I was beginning to think that I had turned into a Southern Softie after only 4 days down south!

All joking apart we had a fabulous weekend.  The travelling was pretty easy – no hold ups whatsoever.  The only possible glitch was the suspicion that Alfie (oldest grandson) was coming down with chicken pox on the Sunday afternoon – but he was ok thankfully.

It was great to catch up with the extended Gloucestershire family and to check out Alfie’s growing confidence on horseback.

Little Billy was as laid back as ever – sleeping through his Christening even when the holy water was poured over his head!  I was pretty chuffed at how lovely he looked in his Christening Robe – and as his Mummy said “it’s great because it’s not too girly”!!  As if a little Douglas could wear a girly outfit!

 
  
 
To say I was excited about going to stay at Le Manoir aux Quat Saisons is a complete understatement.  In fact, I think Mike was beginning to worry that I might be just a bit disappointed when we got there.  Well, actually, it far exceeded my expectations.  The whole experience of Dinner, Bed and Breakfast was AMAZING!!!!! 
 
 
 
We thoroughly enjoyed walking round the gardens and checking out all the different varieties of herbs and vegetables.   Our bedroom was absolutely perfect.  It was huge and the attention to detail was quite remarkable.  There was even a beautiful French wood burning stove in one corner.  You could just imagine being tucked up there on a winter’s evening. 


 

I could definitely bore for Britain – and probably the Commonwealth as well! – on the subject of the dinner.  Suffice to say that we had 9 courses, didn’t feel remotely stuffed (technical term) at the end of it and were completely overawed at the quality and the amazing flavours in what sometimes looked to be quite simple dishes. 
Mike’s only criticism of Le Manoir was that I enjoyed myself so much that I want to go back!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment