Monday 14 October 2013

Ants in my pants?

Ok guys, before any of you start getting the wrong idea - I have definitely NOT got ants in my pants. Whilst I was rushing around earlier at a great rate of knots, it did occur to me that my Mother would have come out with the "Ants in the pants" phrase when I was a little girl, if I couldn't sit still for more than two minutes.  It's not that I wouldn't really quite like to sit down for even five minutes, it's just that there never seem to be enough hours in the day to do so.

Last Saturday saw us rising at the unearthly hour of 4.30 to load the alpacas for the Yorkshire alpaca show.  We perhaps could have gone later, but muggins here volunteered to do pen inspections.  Thank goodness we were able to get all the show team penned in the barns the night before.  The thought of groping around in a dark field trying to find your alpacas has never really appealed - wimp that I  am!  We took 6 alpacas although not all of them were ours.  However, they all came away with a good haul of rosettes and little Hester was the star of the team by winning the Light Female champion rosette.  I did actually think that she was in with a chance of taking the Supreme sash as the judge spent a long time deliberating between her and the fawn stud male who did win in the end.  It would probably have been too good to be true to win Supreme, two years on the trot with two different animals - both of whom are Houghton King's progeny. 

Here is Hester, standing very quietly which was brilliant as it was her first time in the show ring.

 
And here is Octavian who was also well behaved.  He won a 3rd place rosette.  Slightly disappointing but he was sweating very badly and the judge was struggling to open up his fleece which is very fine (14.3 micron with a 3.4 SD)

 
 
Sunday had to be spent doing housework - yuck! - and sorting out clothes for our holiday.  Yup we are off to France on Thursday, but I'm dashing off down to Telford in Shropshire as soon as I finish this blog as I've got the first 2014 BAS National Show committee meeting tomorrow.  Was I short of something to do when I volunteered for this - I don't think so!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment