Thursday 21 November 2013

Sad Times

I suspect that my blog followers will be split into two camps - those who are wondering why I haven't done a blog for a while and those who understand the reason why.

Well the truth is that we have had a bit of a tough time here in the last couple of weeks.  One of our very closest friends died suddenly in his sleep a couple of weeks ago at the age of 58.  This was a real shock and has hit all his family and friends very hard.  Then my mother passed away last Saturday morning.  My mother was 90 and had started to go downhill pretty rapidly, so it was no surprise but we all miss her greatly.

At times like this, you have to take comfort in your friends and family. Nature too has a way of offering its own solace.  We have had some beautiful sunny days, showcasing the glorious autumnal colour in the trees and the shrubs.  Our alpacas too seem to be particularly relaxed and even more friendly than they normally are.  Even my little terrier, Scrumpy, seems to have taken on a new lease of life.

Thanks to all of you who have been in touch - much appreciated.  I very much hope to get back in the groove very soon.

On a more cheerful note...every cloud has a silver lining. Housework is really not my forte but with the impending funeral tea here on Monday, I have been dusting and polishing like mad.  I think my mother would be very proud of me!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your mother will always be proud of you Melanie. God bless x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, she would be proud of you and remember.....While we are mourning the loss of our friends and family, others are rejoicing to meet them behind the veil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to her about your mum, I'm sure she'll be keeping an eye on your dusting from on high!

    ReplyDelete