Tuesday 30 July 2013

A Day of Mixed Fortunes


Things got off to such a good start this morning, that I obviously became ever so slightly complacent.  I got a challenging breakfast order – in so far as there was a great variety and I was doing it all on my own , and I managed.   I even managed to produce two lots of American Pancakes (not caramelised!!!)– one with blueberries and one with bacon – and was given an American gold star.

So far, so good!
 

As we are holding our Farm Open Day this Sunday, everything that does or doesn’t move is being tidied up – and that includes Scrumpy.  So I rushed off to take Scrumpy to her personal groomer in nearby Matfen and managed to slam the car door on my thumb as I was getting out the car.  Words cannot describe my feelings!!!! To make matters worse, I had set off without my phone and not realising that I had scarcely enough fuel to get there, never mind get to Corbridge to fill up.  God had obviously realised that if I had run out of fuel, I would have been completely suicidal, as I did manage to get to the filling station.


When I got back home, I checked the alpacas and was really convinced that Isadora was going to give birth – fortunately she thought better of it.  She is so overdue, it’s quite unreal but for once I wasn’t complaining. 
 

Pandora is looking humungously (is that a word?) large too.  If she continues at this rate, her tummy will touch the ground.


Actually I’m beginning to think that one of them is definitely waiting to give birth on Sunday afternoon during our Open Day.  Great for the public, but not what I would have planned in an ideal world!

Maisie's cria - little Marcia - was looking pretty chilled this afternoon, but definitely laying claim to the nearest food trough in advance of supper being served!


 
 

 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Scrumpy looks years younger, think I'll go to the same groomer if he or she takes humans!!
    Luv, Anja.

    ReplyDelete