Wednesday 29 May 2013

Northumberland County Show Debrief


 Wednesday evening, and I’m just beginning to feel more like my old self – ie. just averagely decrepit as opposed to completely geriatric – in mind and body!

When I look back over the past week, I’m just not really sure how we managed to pack so much in –but we did!

Show Day didn’t get off to the most promising start – no I didn’t sleep in but I did manage to lose my glasses between getting up at 4.00 am and leaving for the show field at 6.00 am.  Even the film crew managed to get lost and struggled to follow our directions so eventually had to agree that we would all meet up at Bywell and they would film us unloading the animals.  Probably just as well really as, I was ever so slightly stressed out about my glasses and as we were to be wired for sound......!

My overriding memory of the day was the really fun atmosphere.  I think that our photos show just what I mean.
These boys are concentrating very hard on their handling skills!  Definitely alpaca breeders of the future!
 
 
 
Filming continued throughout the day - so no escape even in the show ring!
 

Stewarding required great concentration!
But that didn't stop Sharon grinning from ear to ear when she won the Champion Light Male Sash with her Houghton King cria Brook Willow Jefferson
 
 
Here's a real cracker of a photo of Kay Kirk of Chestnut Farm with the worthy Supreme Champion
Chestnut Farm Lord Sherwood - I think she's pleased!
 
 
 
 
Mike and I were pleased too.  Our full results were :
 
Fallowfield Minerva II - 1st Intermediate Light Female
Fallowfield Maximus - 3rd Junior White Male
Fallowfield Grand Flowerdale Gallica - Champion White Female, Best Northumbrian and Reserve Show Champion
Fallowfield Isabella - 1st Intermediate White Female
Fallowfield Leonora - 2nd Adult White Female
Fallowfield Octavian - 2nd Junior White Male
Fallowfield Isidor - 6th Junior White Male
Fallowfield Octavius - 1st Intermediate White Male
 
So - not a bad day !
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment