Friday 28 June 2013

Rain Stops Play ........or does it?


 
 
 
Rain might have stopped play temporarily at Wimbledon this afternoon, but that wasn’t the case here at Fallowfield as far as our crias were concerned.  The three of them were full of beans despite the weather.  However, I am beginning to suspect that our long, hard winter is responsible for the extended pregnancies and late births amongst our females.

Isadora is still waiting to give birth, but is pretty chilled out and not going to be disturbed by three crias.
 

The weather here today is not only wet, but pretty, darned chilly.  I actually lit the fire this afternoon in the sitting room used by our Bed and Breakfast guests.  Despite it being Wimbledon week, I only had tea and home-made fruit cake for our visitors – no Pimms or strawberries.  Mind you, given the weather here, I think that a hot toddy might have been more appropriate, but needless to say they didn’t get that either! 

I’m beginning to think that it is time that I varied my home-made cakes.  I think we all have our favourites and those that are really “failsafe”, but as I bake a lot, I think that I would enjoy a change so it is out with the cookery books this weekend.

I’m giving myself a pat on the back this evening, as I have not only been hugely domesticated today, but I have also sent off all of our alpaca fleece samples to be tested at WTA Europe in Wales – not to mention a zillion other jobs that I have got done today.  As always I am really looking forward to getting the fleece test results – I’m especially excited about our 2012 crias.  Will keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. Melanie, your photography is excellent. Love the crias........Anja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja - high praise indeed from such a good photographer as yourself. Actually, I take a lot of photographs just with my I-pad as its usually handy and less complicated than Mike's camera. Amazing what good shots you can get.

      Delete